The Price of Freedom

I am a Battle Captain for an Attack Helicopter Battalion in the First Cavalry Division, currently deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. I am an AH-64D Longbow Apache helicopter pilot and a veteran of OIF II. I have a very amazing son, David, who I miss very much and think about every day. I plan on getting out of the military as soon as I am able to go work for my dad in Florida. I hope to start a nice little business of my own someday!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

My Apologies


To all my friends and family, I am very sorry that I haven't been able to update anything since Halloween. It's been over two months since I was able to post last time. In between the commo blackouts and Hajji Internet disappointments, I haven't exactly had much free time. I have been flying more to help give the line company pilots a break, but when I fly its when I am NOT on shift. So if I go fly for 4-5 hours, I still have to finish my other job as a Battle Captain. So I get pretty smoked. But enough whining out of me!


I wanted to write to thank everyone for the great Christmas presents. It was harder this time around being away from my little guy. I sat and thought about him for hours, wondering what kind of Christmas he was having. It will get me every time I think about it. I promise if you haven't received a thank you note, it is on the way. I am batting .1000 for correspondence this time around. I actually prefer to stay in touch the long way through letters. It's so personal and I can picture the writer's hand moving the pen across the paper and it makes me feel at home.


I have to fly again early tomorrow morning, so I have to keep it brief. Thank you all again. I can't wait to spend the next Christmas with you guys!


Love always,

Paul


P.S.--I haven't missed Church once this rotation and it feels amazing. I even went twice on Christmas. Keep up the prayers, they are working!
Reaper 16, 12:44

1 Comments:

Prayer will get you through anything. Hope all is well on your end. Holler if you need anything.

Watch your "6" ( Y ) and keep your powder dry.

Don
Anonymous Anonymous, at 13:45  

Post a Comment