The Price of Freedom

I am a Battle Captain for an Attack Helicopter Battalion in the First Cavalry Division, currently deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. I am an AH-64D Longbow Apache helicopter pilot and a veteran of OIF II. I have a very amazing son, David, who I miss very much and think about every day. I plan on getting out of the military as soon as I am able to go work for my dad in Florida. I hope to start a nice little business of my own someday!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Ultimate Road Trip

Our second stop was in Iceland and I was originally pretty fired up about it until I found out that they closed off a wing just for us and not a single thing was open. The weather was really nice though and the air was very clean (so much so that it was immediately noticeable). Our first stop was Illinois somewhere but unfortunately I was racked out hard on the plane. I didn't even know that we had stopped! Our third stop was in Germany and they had a couple of vendors there. I got some food and some interesting beverages, but most importantly I scored some postcards to send home to the family.

This picture is of my cot in my Kuwaiti "residence." Mine is the first one on the left of the foreground. I share this place with 75 other dudes but luckily for me, I don't spend a lot of time in this place.

Well I am on my 20th hour of duty day so it is high time for me to get some sleep. I'll post any good pictures as they come.

Paul
Reaper 16, 15:04

0 Comments:

Post a Comment