The Price of Freedom

I am a Battle Captain for an Attack Helicopter Battalion in the First Cavalry Division, currently deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. I am an AH-64D Longbow Apache helicopter pilot and a veteran of OIF II. I have a very amazing son, David, who I miss very much and think about every day. I plan on getting out of the military as soon as I am able to go work for my dad in Florida. I hope to start a nice little business of my own someday!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Oh the places that you'll go


Honestly, who would have thought that this guy would be the fourth highest ranking person in a 450+ person battalion, fly the premier attack helicopter in the world, and be off on his second combat deployment in this C-17 aircraft? I never really figured it would turn out like this.

Taji is just like I left it, with minimal improvements. In a weird way, it feels like I have never left. Like I am stationed here and I just deploy back to Texas for 18 months at a time. The DFACis still quite a hike, but the iced coffee is still very worth it. I am with a handful of really great guys that I deployed with last time.

We were talking today about the noises being the same here. Aircraft are taking off over the trailers all day and night long. We got here during the beginning of the rainy season which is at least cooler than the rest of the year, but is plagued by rain and mud and sandstorms. All of which suck enough for me to wish it was summer. Posted by Picasa
Reaper 16, 12:22

0 Comments:

Post a Comment