The Price of Freedom

I am a Battle Captain for an Attack Helicopter Battalion in the First Cavalry Division, currently deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. I am an AH-64D Longbow Apache helicopter pilot and a veteran of OIF II. I have a very amazing son, David, who I miss very much and think about every day. I plan on getting out of the military as soon as I am able to go work for my dad in Florida. I hope to start a nice little business of my own someday!

Sunday, July 23, 2006

I'm Slacking

I know I haven't posted in a week, but you have to understand that I spend most of the day fighting evil (and by evil of course, I mean my boss). It's pretty tiring, really. So usually when I get home, I play with my son until his bedtime, then I watch TV with my wife until I fall asleep on the couch. Wash, Rinse, Repeat. Everyday is like Groundhog Day as far as the ritual is concerned. Wake up, drive to work, PT, drive home, Shower, Shave, Eat, Drive Back to Work, Work, Lunch, Work or Fly, Work, Drive Home from Work. Siiiiiigggggghhhh...The good news is my block leave date is coming up very soon. Speaking of which, anybody that wants to see me before I go back to Iraq: 7-21 August is when I will be on leave here in Texas. The family and I have flown around the country a dozen times since my last homecoming and we plan on staying here this time. I have a guest bedroom with your name on it. Feel free to visit! In fact, check out my next post. My birthday weekend is going to be a hell of a time and you're all invited!
Reaper 16, 14:48

0 Comments:

Post a Comment