The Price of Freedom

I am a Battle Captain for an Attack Helicopter Battalion in the First Cavalry Division, currently deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. I am an AH-64D Longbow Apache helicopter pilot and a veteran of OIF II. I have a very amazing son, David, who I miss very much and think about every day. I plan on getting out of the military as soon as I am able to go work for my dad in Florida. I hope to start a nice little business of my own someday!

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Birthday Blowout

Most of my adult birthdays have sucked. Some examples: On my seventeenth birthday, I spent all day at MEPS inprocessing for my enlistment into the Army. My eighteenth birthday was the first day of class at Clemson, where I didn't know anybody. My twentieth was at AIRBORNE school. My twenty-third was my NVG checkride in flight school (the only part of flight school that you actually fly at night until AQC). My twenty-fourth was on a plane to Iraq. I think you can see where I am going with this.

This time I have planned my leave (Army vacation time) around my birthday because O.A.R. is opening for the Dave Matthews Band in Dallas. That's a birthday present!


























So far a few guys from work are going with Beth and I. We're getting lawn seats for $50 a piece. Anybody that wants to go is welcome. If you are from out of town and would like to see me before OIF V/VI gets a hold of me, this is the perfect opportunity. I will pick you up and drop you off at the airport. And if you want to stay longer than a weekend, there's a place for you in my guest bedroom. Call me!
Reaper 16, 15:20

2 Comments:

Daigle,

Hope you have a good berfday. I'll be drinking a cold one for ya.

Urban
Anonymous Anonymous, at 09:01  
Hey Paul,

Whats the date on that concert? I missed you at the wedding, and Id love to see you before you head off again. Give me a call with the details, and Ill pull all the strings I can to go with you!!! (772) 528-0763
Anonymous Anonymous, at 20:07  

Post a Comment