The Price of Freedom

I am a Battle Captain for an Attack Helicopter Battalion in the First Cavalry Division, currently deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. I am an AH-64D Longbow Apache helicopter pilot and a veteran of OIF II. I have a very amazing son, David, who I miss very much and think about every day. I plan on getting out of the military as soon as I am able to go work for my dad in Florida. I hope to start a nice little business of my own someday!

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Moving

Well, the time has come to give this blog over to Paul. He is leaving for Iraq in late September and will hopefully keep us all updated using this blog. So David and I, Beth, are headed over to our own blog site. It will mostly be pictures of David to keep you all updated and to help Paul feel like he sees David every day. So, needless to say, "The Price of Freedom" will actually be about the price of freedom, Paul in Iraq. The new blog is http://sweetdavidjames.blogspot.com. I am not quite as fancy as Paul is but I am still working on making it a good site. See you all over on Sweet David James. Love, Beth
Reaper 16, 12:12

3 Comments:

Reaper 16,

You posted a comment on outlaw 13's site a couple of days ago on his repost of 'no on cares about the soldieers'.

I found your comments to be an excellent example of how we, in general as a Country, feel about our military, and with your permission, I'd like to post your comments on my blog.

Your perspective as an active duty soldier provides a view that we civilians (I'm still Navy at heart) don't always get to see.

However, I won't publish them without your permission.

Thanks,

Gawfer
Blogger Gary, at 09:22  
I have absolutely noproblem with you posting my comments. In fact, after picking up one of my good friends at DFW on the fourth of July for his R&R, I have even more esteem for the 300+ people who showed up instead of barbecuing in their backyard!
Blogger Reaper 16, at 23:08  
Dang, bro.
Between me asking, you responding, and then me seeing it today, Outlaw13 switched to Halo, subsequently deleting all previous comments.

So let me know when you decide to wax eloquent again, and I'll be sure to grab 'em.

BTW, Thanks for your service. I know it can be very rewarding, but I also know the Military life, and how unfulfilling it can sometimes be.

Just keep the main thing the main thing.

Go Navy!
Blogger Gary, at 20:21  

Post a Comment