The Price of Freedom

I am a Battle Captain for an Attack Helicopter Battalion in the First Cavalry Division, currently deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. I am an AH-64D Longbow Apache helicopter pilot and a veteran of OIF II. I have a very amazing son, David, who I miss very much and think about every day. I plan on getting out of the military as soon as I am able to go work for my dad in Florida. I hope to start a nice little business of my own someday!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Playing Army


This is one of our aircrews taking off from Self Army Airfield at JRTC. Our two line companies flew roughly 800 hours in support of ground "combat" operations. I was really proud of our aviators. I only flew three times, but such is life for a Battle Captain in my battalion. I did spend about 18 hours a day in the TOC (Tactical Operations Center) managing the fight. Basically, I briefed crews for their missions, tracked the status of each team, retasked teams as necessary, and orchestrated 911 calls from ground units. I was like the conductor of a group of the world's most dangerous musicians. Posted by Picasa
Reaper 16, 20:28

0 Comments:

Post a Comment