The Price of Freedom

I am a Battle Captain for an Attack Helicopter Battalion in the First Cavalry Division, currently deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. I am an AH-64D Longbow Apache helicopter pilot and a veteran of OIF II. I have a very amazing son, David, who I miss very much and think about every day. I plan on getting out of the military as soon as I am able to go work for my dad in Florida. I hope to start a nice little business of my own someday!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Getting Ready For War


One of our guys checks around the aircraft to make sure he is clear for takeoff. This picture and the next one our courtesy of my back seater, Attack 13, our Battalion TACOPS officer. I flew with him during a Convoy Live Fire Exercise. It was one of the coolest non-real world missions I have been on. We provided convoy security for a group of vehicles. Along their route, the convoy came in contact with elements of the 1st Plywoodian Division, our mortal enemies. For targets that they couldn't hit with their own M16s or .50 cal Machine Guns, the convoy commander called us in to service with our 2.75" rockets and 30mm cannon. They hadpyro to simulate the explosions and it was pretty realistic. Posted by Picasa
Reaper 16, 20:39

1 Comments:

DAIGLE!!! I spoke with Trip on the phone the other night and he mentioned you and your baby and told me about your blog so I thought I'd stop by and drop a line. I'm doing well--perpetually single and bought a house in Columbia (right downtown). I spend a lot of time out drinking or by a pool when I'm not working (still in architecture). I practiced my Spanish for a semester in Barcelona, finished school, and came back here. I just took up shooting--LOVE IT--and I'm going to buy my own gun soon. I would LOVE to catch up...been wondering about you and Beth and the new family. Anyway, I'll talk to you later...so glad I found you! Ciao for now.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 17:06  

Post a Comment